So I’m guessing that you don’t have the time to read through all of my posts. I’ll do you a favor and give you a quick synopsis on how to care for your kitchen table.
- Cleaning: It’s typically best to use a damp cloth followed by a dry cloth. If you need to step it up a notch try adding a mild soap to the damp cloth.
- Leaf Storage: Do not store the leaf on end. Lay it flat under a bed, this will avoid warping.
- Chairs: Put glides on the chair legs. If your floor surface is hard you should use felt glides, if your set is on carpet go with the vinyl glides. I prefer the ones that peel and stick.
- Chairs 2.0: Don’t lean back in them. Leaning back in your chair regularly will reduce it’s life by about 80%.
- Avoid Damage: When you put a coffee mug, pizza box or hot dish on the table, check to the heat. If it is too hot to touch, then it is too hot for the table.
There are more things to consider, but these are the highlights. If you have any questions, let me know by leaving a comment below.